So I’ve completed my first unit in prep for the battle of the skies in Northampton on 26th March.
I’ve gone for an off-green skin tone to try and represent an unhealthy living for these greenskins from living in boggy marshes and swamps.
- Undercoat Mechanicus Standard Grey
- Wash with Carroburg Crimson
- Drybrush Fenris Grey
- Glaze over highlights with Moot Green.
- Base coat with Mechanicus Standard Grey (the whole model was based in this colour).
- Paint with Yriel Yellow
- Wash with watered down Fire dragon Bright
- Recess shade with Agrax Earthshade
- Wash the lower half of the shield with Agrax Earthshade.
- Wash the last quarter with Nuln Oil (watered down).
- Highlight extreme edges with Flash Gitz Yellow.
Next up I’m going to start painting three Boltboyz and the Swampcalla.