My Genestealer Kill Team article is proving to be a bit of a slow burner hit, and I recently added some Termagaunts to the Kill Team to give me some slightly friendlier options if playing against new players, or irregular wargamers.
I have long loved the Tyranids and have a large collection in various stages of painting. In the distant past I did manage to make a 2,000 point army but this is now from such an old edition it needs a complete re-write before it would be useable.
Whilst painting my Warlord Games Napoleonic British I got a bit stuck on the 14mm models, and – taking my own advice – decided to paint something different. I remembered I had a Broodlord somewhere and, after a little rummaging, found it and undercoated it before I could get distracted by something else.
The main paint scheme here is using Talassar Blue (still magic) with Teclis Blue drybrush. The base is from a 40mm sector imperialis base cut up to go around the pipe. And – as is normally the case with me – the base has more colours on it that the model. Oh well; I still think he looks good.
As I was completing him, I noticed a Space Marine helmet and had to decide what colour to paint it. Normally I would go red, because I collect Blood Angels as well, but it’s March so there was another option. Taking on the #MarchonMaggrage hashtag, I painted it blue for the Ultramarines (although it could be a Blood Angel Devastator of course)!
With the Broodlord finished, I can now go back to Napoleonic troops… more small toys!
This also means that I’ve done another Hobby Bingo Box!