This winter we’re holding our first painting competition “Woeful Brush”. The first online painting competition open to everyone.
To enter you’ll need to paint a single miniature to the best of your abilities and submit its pictures to our email address. The maximum base size for a miniature in the competition is 50mm. For example you can paint a single primaris intercessor and place them on any base that is equal to or under 50mm.
Your miniature can be from any game system you wish, even non Games Workshop systems or games.
The grand prize is a Start Collecting box or Combat Patrol box of your choice. The prize is being provided by SCN Hobby World who are our sponsor for this event. By signing up to their newsletter on their website you can benefit from up to 25% off the recommended retail price of Games Workshop products.
All submissions to the competition must be made via email to email@example.com before midnight on 30th November 2021. The picture of your model should be on a plain background and your email address must be included on a piece of paper included in the photograph. We will only be able to accept one submission per person.
We’re also asking for a small entry fee of £1 per entry which will cover postage costs as well as fund future competition prizes, the fee must be paid via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The wider community will then vote for their favourite submission via a series of polls each lasting 24 hours. These polls will take place on this website and on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
The overall winner will then be announced on 1st January 2022 and will be contacted for their choice of prize.
How to Enter
1) There is a £1 entry fee which should be paid by PayPal to email@example.com. Proceeds will be used for postage, future events and competitions only.
2) paint a single miniature from any games system you like (yes, non GW games systems are allowed). The miniature must be able to fit on a 50mm base.
3) Take some photos of your miniature and make sue that the email address that you’re submitting the pictures from is shown on a note inside the photo.
4) email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) the competition is open to everyone (apart from Woehammer members).
2) The winner will be determined by community voting on Twitter, Facebook and here on the Woehammer website.
3) Your entry must be a single miniature on a maximum base size of 50mm.
4) Non-Games Workshop miniatures are allowed, but must be limited to the earlier specified base size.
5) bases can be scenic in nature and does not have to be that models specified base (i.e. 32mm for a Space Marine Intercessors)
6) only one submission per person and to be made via email to email@example.com
7) submissions must be sent to the above address by midnight on 30th November 2021.
8) voting will commence on 1st December in blocks of four entries. All references to the artist of the submission will be removed for voting and to remove popularity influencing.
9) the winning artist will be named upon the final vote on 1st January 2022.
10) Your entry must be your own work and not that of a commission painter.