We thought it may be fun to have a little rest feed, which we’d update over the course of the weekend as results come in. So keep coming back to this post for the latest news!
Mon 11:20 Peter: Thanks again to all those who came. It’s the morning after, and I’ve got the full results for you:
Sun 19:45 Declan: I’m back home after awards, and pack-up. Firstly a big thank you to all our players. It was a great event; all games were finished in 2:30 hours with no problems, and there were very few rules queries. A great example of the great players in AoS! Well done all.
Our winners were:
- 1st Place 5-0 Christian Moore – SBGL
- 2nd Place 4-1 Daniel Scott – Sylvaneth
- 3rd Place 4-1 Ash Coleman – Sylvaneth
- Best General (Woehammer best 4-1 by army strength) – Baz Norman Jr – LRL
- Best Painted Ben Adlem – Idoneth
- Best Sports – Sean Ditchfield
- Wooden Spoon – Daniel Tadman
Well done to our best in factions as well!
Peter and I are going to take a break and then come back with some considered thoughts on the event and – of course – the Top Three!
Sun 15:15-15:30 Peter & Declan: All the results as we get them now:
- Table 1: Christian (26) bt Ash (24)
- Table 2: Daniel S (27) bt Tom (19)
- Table 3: Marc & Paul Tied Game (!) at 25 each
- Table 4: Owen (27) bt Daniel W (19)
- Table 5: Baz (21) bt James (16)
- Table 6: Rob (28) bt Sam (13)
- Table 7: Ben (28) bt Mira (13)
- Table 8: Peter (28) bt Garry (14)
- Table 9: Phil – Stormcast (20) bt Benjamin – Slaves to Darkness (18)
- Table 10: Michael (19) bt Jake (16)
- Table 11: Sean (27) bt Joshua (11)
- Table 12: Christian (23) bt Thomas (12) (in the LRL mirror)
- Table 13: Adam (27) bt Daniel (16)
Sun 15:11 Peter: Results are coming in thick and fast now. Owen Jackson and his Kharadron managed to chew through the 27 Chaos Spawns of Daniel White’s Beast of Chaos list. Well done Owen!
Sun 15:10 Peter: We have a champion! Top table results have come in and Christian Moore and his Soulblight Gravelords have sucked the life out of Ash Coleman’s Sylavneth 26-24.
Sun 15:00 Declan: As we enter the last 30 minutes there’s another result and it’s a big one on Table 2 with wood beating screaming. Daniel (Sylvaneth) beat Tom (Big Waaagh!) 27-19. Daniel is on a 4-1 so in with a chance of 2nd or 3rd and Tom finishes on 3-2. A good result for Big Waaagh!
Sun 14:24 Declan: First result is in: Ben (Idoneth) (28) beat Mira (Slaanesh) (13); so Ben finishes on 3-2 and Mira 2-3
Sun 14:17 Peter: Here’s an interesting situation (one that an article may follow on in the future). Table 6 Rob Morris (Slaanesh) has screened out almost all of the board on turn 2 against Sam Barker (Beasts of Chaos). Sam decided has attempted to use ambush to full effect. Unfortunately for him, Rob managed to kill the few units that were deployed on the board and then processed to zone out much of the table edge. Sam is able to move one unit 6″ and therefore has a small pocket to see how many models he can bring on. But, anything he doesn’t bring on is effectively slain this turn.
Sun: 13:05 Declan: And we have another award at the start of Round 5. Baz Norman Jr has won Best in Faction for Lumineth Realmlords with a game in hand. Meanwhile on the top table Ash (Sylvaneth) is facing-off against Christian (Soulblight Gravelords) for the big trophy whilst on the bottom tables we’ve done a quick swap to ensure Daniel didn’t play 3 Lumineth armies in one tournament… so we could have no players in the 0-5 bracket.
Sun Peter12:09: I’ve taken shots of the other four nominations for the best painted award.
Ben Adlem – Idoneth Deepkin
Sean Ditchfield – Nighthaunt
Daniel Scott – Sylvaneth
Joshua Boxall – Ironjawz
Sun 11:45 – Sun midday Declan: The final results are starting to come in
- Table 7: Baz – LRL (23) bt Michael – Khorne (13)
- Table 12: Peter – OBR (25) bt Adam – OBR (6) in the OBR mirror
- Table 15: Joshua – Ironjawz (27) bt Daniel – StD (16)
- Table 3: Daniel – Slyvaneth (24) bt Rob – Slaanesh (15)
- Table 4: Marc – Skaven (23) bt Sam – BoC (18)
- Table 6: Owen – KO (22) bt Ben – StD (14)
- Table 5: Paul – Maggotkin (25) bt Mira (18)
- Table 1: Christian – Soulblight (25) bt Tom – Big Waaagh (20)
- Table 8: James – Boc (26) bt Jake – Fyreslayers (23)
Sun 11:40 Declan Lunch has arrived and before the expected flurry of results, we have a fourth come in from table 10 where Ben’s Idoneth have beaten Sean’s Nighthaunt 23-9. It was a massively bloody (or bloodless as they are ghosts) turn 1 for Sean that gave him an uphill battle.
Sun 11:33 Peter: With Christian’s game over, I took the opportunity to get some close up shots of his best painted nominated army.
Sun 11:31 Peter: Phil Nunn’s Stormcast has seen off Thomas Care and his Lumineth with a score of 21-7 on Table 13.
Sun 11:26 Declan: From the top tables to nearer the bottom table 14 is finished and Garry’s Sylvaneth has taken out the win in some style with a 26-3 victory over Christian’s LRL.
Sun 11:04 Declan: With 1 hour to go, there’s a couple of tables nearing conclusions with the Spawn spam struggling against Sylvaneth on table 2 and falling to a defeat, and Eltharion dying to an Unleash Hell from Stormcast on table 13.
Sun 10:25 Declan: Peter & I have chosen our top 5 for best painted contest:
- Christian Cameron – Lumineth Realm Lords
- Ben Adlem – Idoneth Deepkin
- Sean Ditchfield – Nighthaunt
- Daniel Scott – Sylvaneth
- Joshua Boxall – Ironjawz
Decision will be by player vote over the lunch break and we’ll get some pictures then.
Sun 09:55 Declan: The games are in full swing and dice are being rolled in anger… so some more pictures.
Sun 09:40 Declan: We’ve called an audible on the scoring system for Painting and Sports (which don’t affect positions). So Best Painted will be from a shortlist nominated by Peter & me, and Sports will be one vote per player at the end of game 5. This will reduce admin at tournament end and we’re slightly concerned with the number of partially filled in forms!
Sun 09:30 Declan: We’ve had some drop outs over night and so Sean Ditchfield has won best Nighthaunt having won the mirror yesterday. We still have 13 tables though and it’s all to play for. Join us for updates throughout the day
Sun 08:00 Declan: We’re awake (well I am), and just getting ready for another day of gaming at Battlefield Hobbies in Daventry. It’s been a great first day with very few rules queries and all the players finishing each round on time. With the KO being beaten by Soulblight Gravelords and Big Waaagh sneaking past Slaanesh with the Battle Tactic Wait for It Ladz in game 3 the result is really open to any of the top four.
- Tom – Big Waagh
- Christian – Soulblight Gravelords
- Ash – Sylvaneth
- Daniel W – Beasts of Chaos
It’s great to have four different armies in the top four at this stage, but all could change on day two. We welcome the players back at 9am (BST) with the first game at 9:30am. Hope you can join us for some more updates throughout the day.
Sat 19:15 Declan: That brings our coverage for the day to an end. The Round 4 draw is available in BCP. Good luck to our players tomorrow where 4 are vying for the 4-0 and 3 players are trying to avoid the 0-4. Wish them all luck and follow your armies tomorrow when we return for gaming at 9:30am BST.
Sat 17:45 – 18:00 Peter & Declan: and more….
- Table 15: Thomas (25) bt Daniel (13)
- Table 4: Daniel (26) bt James (18)
- Table 3: Ash (23) bt Ben (13)
- Table 5: Daniel (31) bt Sean (13)
- Table 9: Mira (28) bt Phil (13)
- Table 14: Ben (20) bt Christian (12)
- Table 11: Baz (18) bt Peter (17)
- Table 2: Christian (23) bt Owen (4)
- Table 13: Tom (25) bt Joshua (9)
- Table 1: Tom (26) bt Rob (25) — nailbaiting!
Sat 17:33 Peter: Results are starting to flow in.
- Table 6: Marc (28) bt Ben (17)
- Table 8: Sam (28) bt Matthew (21)
- Table 10: Paul (30) bt Toby (9)
- Table 13: Tom (25) bt Joshua (9)
Sat 14:00 Declan: We have our first result. After his bruising encounter with Kharadron Overlords in game 1, Baz is back on track with a victory against Daniel’s Slaves to Darkness.
Sat 13:55 Declan: Sorry for the short delay in next update… but I’ve been wandering around looking at all the lovely armies on display. Some great hobby out there.
Sat 13:00 Peter: Here’s some pictures of the beautiful armies that we have here at the tournament.
Sat 12:45 Declan: and… we’re back from lunch although all the players have started early to get ahead of the game. The draw is up on BCP for those following along and with 15 winners and 15 runners-up from the first round there’s still lots to play for.
Sat 12:10 Declan: That’s all the results in with all tables finishing on time; and the players tucking into lunch! We’ll be back at 12:45 for the start of round 2.
Sat 12:00 Peter: That’s it, round one is over and (more importantly) lunch is served!
- Table 4: Michael (20) bt Christian (18)
- Table 6: Ben (23) bt Sean (21)
- Table 8: Daniel (21) bt Adam (17)
- Table 11: Toby (17) bt Thomas (14)
- Table 12: Daniel (23) bt Marc (14)
- Table 15: Sam (25) bt Jake (19)
Sat 11:50 Declan: Results coming in thick and fast now!
- Table 7 Christian (24) bt Paul (16)
- Table 10 Peter (22) bt Tom (16)
- Table 13 Garry (24) bt Ben (18)
- Table 2 Tom (28) bt Mira (10)
- Table 9 James (28) bt Ben (16)
- Table 5 Rob (24) bt Matthew (14)
Sat 11:38 Peter: Why not see what the guys are fighting over? We’ve a narrative element running through this weekends games, as those taking part can track the story of their general as they search for the lost City of Treveglos. Why no take a look here yourself?
Sat 11:30 Declan: As we draw near the end of the round, we have a big result from Table 14. Baz’s Ravening Jaws rolled a ‘1’ turn 1 and failed to do any mortal wounds to Owen’s Khemist and the LRL got a taste of lead… and it turns out Lead > Arrows this time.
Sat 11:10 Declan: And our second result hot on the heals… Table 3 saw Ironjawz (Rogue Idols) charge into the Slyvaneth – but Slyvaneth came out on top despite Durthu deciding not to fight (failed all charges)
Sat 11:04 Peter: We’ve had our first result in, and it’s from the top table. Phil Nunn and his Stormcast saw off the threat of Daniel Tadman and his Slaves to Darkness 24-8.
Sat 10:20 Declan: Best in Faction trophies show the best our game has to offer and we were able to congratulate some heroes at the start of game 1 for their Best in Faction successes:
- Big Waaagh! – Tom Bell
- Blades of Khorne – Michael Maher
- Fyreslayers – Jake Wright
- Gloomspite Gitz – Ben Smith
- Idoneth Deepkin – Ben Adlem
- Ironjawz – Joshua Boxall
- Kharadron Overlords – Owen Jackson
- Skaven – Marc Brookes
- Stormcast Eternals – Phil Nunn
- Soulblight Gravelords – Christian Moore
Congratulations to them all for beating the stiff opposition to raise to the top of their factions!
Sat 10:10 Declan: The Loonshrine have fallen; having been awarded Best in Faction (Gloomspite) Ben has led the glory go to his Troggherd and the Loonshrine was battered by the Beasts of Chaos. Well done to James on Table 9
Sat 09:40 Declan: And they’re off… all players are here and Peter’s been talking some photos
Sat 09:30 Declan: Safety messages done, 0930 arrived and so the games begin… and as with any tournament there’s a car that’s late so 3 games haven’t quite started yet! Hopefully they’ll get here soon.
Sat 09:00 Peter: With everything in place late yesterday, I think we’ll all set to go this weekend. No doubt there’ll be some issues, but we’ll be able to get around anything now, I’m sure of it. The round one draw took place yesterday, and we already have two of the better-known players matched up on table 14. Baz with Lumineth, against Owen and his Kharadron. We’ll keep you updated on the score throughout the 1st round.